Marilyn Monroe was born on 1 June 1926 in Los Angeles, California. At birth, Marilyn Monroe was given Norma Jeane Mortenson, but she was later christened Marilyn Monroe.
Marilyn Monroe spent much time in an orphanage and foster care while growing up. Marilyn Monroe endured many difficulties to become the world’s most significant and lasting sex symbol. Marilyn Monroe’s films earned more than $200 million.
Marilyn Monroe is popular for her relationship with Joe DiMaggio, Arthur Miller and possibly President John F. Kennedy. Marilyn Monroe succumbed to a drug overdose on 5 August 1962, at 36.
Interesting Facts about Marilyn Monroe
Early Life and Education
- Marilyn Monroe was born on 1 June 1926 in Los Angeles, California, United States.
- Marilyn Monroe was Gladys P. Baker’s daughter. Marilyn Monroe’s biological father is unknown.
- Marilyn Monroe’s mum developed psychiatric issues, and she was placed in a mental institution.
- Marilyn Monroe lived in foster homes, where she endured a sexual assault on several occasions. Marilyn said she was raped when she was 11 years.
- Marilyn Monroe dropped out of high school at 15 years old.
- Marilyn Monroe had her way out through marriage. She wed her first husband, James Dougherty when she was 16.
- Marilyn Monroe got married three times in her lifetime. Marilyn Monroe was first married to an American Police officer known as James Dougherty from 1942 to 1946.
- Later on, Marilyn Monroe got married to an American professional baseball player called Joe DiMaggio from 1954 to 1955.
- Marilyn Monroe’s third husband was an American playwright known as Arthur Miller from 1956 to1961.
- Marilyn did not bear any children with any of her three husbands.
- Marilyn Monroe appeared in 29 movies and four television shows between 1946 and 1961.
- The films featuring Marilyn Monroe made about $ 200 million between 1947 and 1961.
- Marilyn Monroe was nominated for 15 awards and won 10 of these awards.
- She participated in her first modeling gig with the American photographer David Conover in 1944.
- Marilyn Monroe changed her name to a new screen name Marilyn Monroe in 1946.
- Marilyn Monroe appeared in her first film, “Dangerous Years,” as a character called Evie in 1947.
- Marilyn Monroe appeared in the film “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes” as Lorelei Lee in 1953. “Gentlemen Prefer Blondes” is arguably Marilyn Monroe’s best film performance in her career.
- Marilyn Monroe first appeared naked in the first distribution of Playboy magazine in 1953.
- Marilyn Monroe partnered with Milton Greene to form the Marilyn Monroe Productions company.
- She appeared in the film “The Prince and the Showgirl” as the character Elsie Marina in 1957.
- Marilyn Monroe featured in her last film, “The Misfits,” as a character known as Roslyn Taber in 1961.
- Marilyn Monroe was working on her 30th film, known as “Something’s Got to Give,” in 1962. Unfortunately, Marilyn Monroe was fired by 20th Century Fox before the completion of filming.
The Demise of Marilyn Monroe.
- Marilyn Monroe succumbed to a drug overdose at 36 on 4 August 1962 in Los Angeles, California, USA.